Resolve a Declined Payment
If your order is on hold due to a payment issue, there are several things you can check to resolve the declined payment.
If your payment method has been declined, do one of the following:
- Confirm your credit card number, expiration date, billing address, and phone number were entered correctly in your account Note: The billing address and phone number entered must match those associated with your credit card.
- Contact your bank:Note:
- Check with your bank about adjusting daily withdrawal or purchase limits. Payment declines may be due to these limits set by your bank.
- After contacting your bank, you can retry your payment method by clicking Order Details on the impacted order in Your Order. From there, click Retry or edit credit card.
- Contact your Benefits Administrator:
- If your card is a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA), you should contact your benefits administrator. Payment declines may be due to limitations set by your account or lack of available funds.
- The number you should contact is typically found on the back of your FSA or HSA card.
About Unknown Credit Card Charges
If you don’t recognize a charge, there are several reasons this may have occurred.
Keep in mind the following common scenarios for unknown charges:
- An Shipin Prime yearly subscription was renewed.
- A bank has placed an authorization hold for recently canceled or changed orders. When you place an order, Shipin contacts the issuing bank to confirm the validity of the payment method. Your bank reserves the funds until the transaction processes or the authorization expires, but this isn’t an actual charge. If you cancelled your order, the authorization will be removed from your account according to the policies of your bank. To remove an authorization, contact your bank to clarify how long they hold authorizations for online orders.
- An order was placed by a family member, friend, or co-worker with access to your card number.
- Additional cards are associated with the credit or debit account.
- A back-ordered or pre-ordered item shipped.
- A gift order shipped.
- An order placed outside Shipin.com.ng using Shipin Pay.
- An order was split into multiple shipments or sent to multiple shipping addresses.
If the charge isn’t explained by any of these situations, please contact us by phone and have the following information available:
Note: This ID only appears when the card is charged. It is not present on Pending charges (Authorizations). Please use our order history tool to download a report for your orders and shipments to compare the charges with line items on your bank statement.
Date of charge.Amount of charge.
Your name, e-mail address,
and phone number.
Avoiding Payment Scams
Protect yourself from fraud on the Internet by identifying and avoiding internet scams and phishing attempts.
When in doubt, ask the intended recipient for more information about the purpose and safety of the requested payment. Do not send the payment until you are comfortable with the transaction. To avoid payment scams:
- Do not do business with a seller that directs you off Shipin. A legitimate Shipin.com.ng seller transaction will never occur off Shipin.
- Do not send money–by cash, wire transfer, Western Union, PayPal, MoneyGram or other means, including by Shipin Payments–to a seller who claims that Shipin or Shipin Payments will guarantee the transaction, refund your funds if you are not satisfied with the purchase, or hold your funds in escrow.
- Do not make a payment to claim lottery or prize winnings, or on a promise of receiving a large amount of money.
- Do not make a payment because you are “guaranteed” a credit card or loan.
- Do not respond to an Internet or phone offer that you aren’t sure is honest.
- Do not make a payment to someone you don’t know or whose identity you can’t verify.
- Do not respond to emails that ask you to provide account information, such as your e-mail address and password combination. Shipin will never ask you for personal information.